I firmly believe that our Heavenly Father’s Plan is based on the family. My family has such a deep meaning to me and I strive to attain eternity with them. There is no greater goal or reward in heaven than keeping your marriage covenants. You can see in today’s world, Satan is focusing directly on destroying such a powerful blessing and eternal achievement for so many people. The world’s view is distorted with a cloud of what is right and what is wrong. I have a goal to stand up whenever I can to defend my family and those around me.
Living Prophets & Apostles:
1. To build a foundation strong enough to support a family in our troubled world today requires the best effort of each of us—father, mother, brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on. Each must contribute energy and effort in driving piles right down to the bedrock of the gospel until the foundation is strong enough to endure through the eternities. The Lord has promised us in the Doctrine and Covenants that “he that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.” (D&C 50:44.)
2. “…Our Heavenly Father has restored priesthood keys in this dispensation so that essential ordinances in His plan can be performed by proper authority. Heavenly messengers—including John the Baptist; 9 Peter, James, and John; 10 Moses, Elias, and Elijah 11 —have participated in that restoration.”
3. Scriptures declare that “it is lawful that [a man] should have one wife, and they twain shall be one flesh, and all this that the earth might answer the end of its creation.” 18 Another affirms that “the man [is not] without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.” 19 Thus, marriage is not only an exalting principle of the gospel; it is a divine commandment.
4. At the heart of this plan is the begetting of children; one of the crucial reasons Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden (see 2 Nephi 2:19–25; Moses 5:10–12). They were commanded to “be fruitful, and multiply” (Moses 2:28), and they chose to keep that commandment. We are to follow them in marrying and providing physical bodies for Heavenly Father’s spirit children. Obviously, a same-gender relationship is inconsistent with this plan.
5. How can a father raise a happy, well-adjusted daughter in today’s increasingly toxic world? The answer has been taught by the Lord’s prophets. It is a simple answer, and it is true—“The most important thing a father can do for his [daughter] is to love [her] mother.”
6. The Savior Himself spoke of this sacred marriage covenant and promise when He gave the authority to His disciples to bind in heaven sacred covenants made on earth: “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matt. 16:19).
Any Prophet, Apostle, or General Conference Address:
7. He is our Creator, and He designed marriage from the beginning. At the time of Eve’s creation, “Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: …“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” (Gen. 2:23–24.)
8. Selfishness so often is the basis of money problems, which are a very serious and real factor affecting the stability of family life. Selfishness is at the root of adultery, the breaking of solemn and sacred covenants to satisfy selfish lust. Selfishness is the antithesis of love. It is a cankering expression of greed. It destroys self-discipline. It obliterates loyalty. It tears up sacred covenants. It afflicts both men and women.
9. First, as a husband: The first instruction given to man and woman immediately following the creation was, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” (Gen. 2:24.)
10. So God in His divine plan ordained that marriage was to bring about his basic organizational unit, the family. The role of husband and wife was clearly defined from the very beginning. In the Lord’s plan, these roles are unchanged and eternal. A prophet has said of womanhood, “A beautiful, modest, gracious woman is creation’s masterpiece.” To safeguard this masterpiece, the Lord gave to man the duty and responsibility to be the provider and protector.Reference: L. Tom Perry- Father-Your Role, Your Responsibility- October 1977